Standard weight door receiving average frequency service (standard weight hinges) and high frequency service (heavy weight hinges). Designed to have both leaves mortised into the door and the jamb. The hinge sits flush with the surface of the door and frame.
- 4-BALL BEARING HINGES ● HEAVY WEIGHT
Lifetime Warranty on Commercial Grade Hinges BHMA CERTIFIED
CAL-ROYAL Hinges are VALUE and a clear advantage to you. At CAL-ROYAL we strive for quality and excellence with service being our number one priority. CAL-ROYAL pays more attention to customers’ needs and satisfaction than anyone in the industry.
- ANSI Products Standards – CAL-ROYAL HINGES complies with ANSI A156.1 (Butts and Hinges), A156.7 (Template hinge dimensions), A156.17 (Self Closing Hinges and Pivots), A 156.18 (materials and Finishes).
- Ball Bearing Heavy Weight – For Heavy Doors (such as entrance and corridors) or doors receiving high frequency service. Inner edges are beveled to conform the shape of barrel and to make close fitting joints. Heavy weight template hinges are equipped with all machine and one half screws.
- Half Surface 5 Knuckle Template – For standard weight Kalamein doors with hollow metal jambs receiving average frequency service.
- Half Mortise 5 Knuckle Template – For hollow metal doors with channel iron jambs receiving average frequency service.
- Swing Clear – For use where conditions require a completely clear opening when door is opened to 90 degree angle. Inner edges of leaves are beveled to conform to shape of barrel and to make close fitting joints. Phillips head threaded plug permits hinge to be reversed to suit application.
- Full Mortise – Both leaves are mortised. One leaf in the door and one leaf in the frame (wood door or hollow metal door with wood frame or hollow metal frame).
- Half Mortise – One leaf is mortised in the door and the other is surface applied to the frame (hollow metal door with channel iron frame).
- Full Surface – Both leaves are applied to the surface, one to the door and the other to the frame (metal core door or hollow metal door with channel iron frame).
- Half Surface – One leaf is mortised in the frame and the other is surface applied to the face of the door (wood door with wood frame or metal core door with metal hollow frame).
- Materials and Finishes – Wrought Steel: Satin finishes or highly polished. All plated finishes have a clear baked finish.
- Wrought Stainless Steel – Satin finish non-ferrous, non-corrosive grade 304.
- Non-removable Pins – Removable threaded set screw in barrel prevent pin from being removed when door is closed.
- Packaging – All hinges are individually wrapped to protect the finish. Commercial grade hinges are packed 3 pieces per inner box with full machine and full wood screws.
Type of Materials
- Steel – Durable, has great strength but is highly corrosive. Rusting will result if the material is used in an uncontrolled environment, like places near the sea where the atmosphere is salty. Steel is best to use in a stable contained surroundings such as inside a building where the temperature and humidity are controlled. Steel hinges can be used on listed fire rated or labeled door openings.
- Stainless Steel – This material is also durable and has great strength, but does not corrode like steel. This is best to use on highly corrosive areas. A 316 grade stainless steel or clear coat over 304L is recommended. Stainless steel can also be polished to a satin or bright finish. Stainless steel hinges can also be used on listed fire rated or labeled door openings.
There are no reviews yet.